Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SEI PSP Tool

• Please log in to reply

leafskid13

leafskid13

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
First of all, thanks to LinkmasterSon for tips on PSP emulation, But I do not know how to get the SEI PSP tool, does anyone have a link to the right one i need? my psp is version 1.50 and i downloaded a version .5 SEI PSP tool and it is not the right one, if any one has an updated version of the tool, and is willing to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

LinkmasterSon

LinkmasterSon

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello again leafkid!

O.K. bear with me on this one: It may get confusing but I am going to try and make it as simple as possible.

The SEI PSP tool is used to create launchers from existing "Eboot.pbp" files from some loaders, (i.e. some loaders may only contain one "Eboot.pbp" file, when in actuality you will need two, "name of loader" and "name of loader%")

To run this program, first download this tool google it(which you already have the .5 SEI PSP Tool) once downloaded you should have a ".rar" file, right click on this file and extract to either your Desktop,you should have a PSP looking icon after you extract it to your desktop...double click on this icon and it will bring up a window, in the first box it will say "Name", name it SNES1, the second box is named "PBP file"...click on the box next to it that has the 3 dots...then select "from file"...select the "Eboot.pbp" file from the emulator that you wish to load (i.e. SNES9X003A.zip only has one "Eboot.pbp file, you will need two, one for SNES and another for SNES%)..once selected go to the box below "PBP File" and it will say "PSP Unit", select the drive that your PSP is connected to(if you are just now connecting your PSP you may want to click on the "refresh" button to right of "PSP Unit" box)....then click on "Generate"...then select the firmware you have which in your case is 1.5...this will generate a launcher to your PSP...And you should be able to play the EMU.
If you have any further questions please post them here.