Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CoD 2 connection problem

• Please log in to reply

frankjives

frankjives

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Whenever i connect to CoD 2 servers i time out, and my FPS drops down from aboot 90 to 40 usually. I can usually play for aboot 2 minutes really laggy before i fully time out. I can play CoD and UO fine usually, sometimes i'll time out, but usually only for a little bit and i always come back, it's not really an issue. And i can play the single played to CoD 2 fine, there's absolutely no FPS lag at all. But whenever i go to update the server list in the game i can only see aboot 10-20 servers, and i usually have to try to find one threw xfire. The only problem i ever use to have is that my graphics card (NVIDIA Geforce FX 5050 ultra) wasn't plugged into the power supply but i just figured it out and plugged it in the other day and it didn't help. I'm not really sure how to tell if it's working at full capacity though cause my FPS in CoD and UO, which is usually around 60-90 didn't get any better. I've tried updating my graphics card drivers, my network card drivers, reinstalling the game, lowering the settings in the game, and chaning my hunkmegs to 512 (i have 1.25 GB of RAM) but nothings really had much of an effect. It seems to run a tad bit better on the defualt settings than the lowest ones, and it had some kind of an effect better and worse when i messed around with the antialiasing settings ingame and for my graphics card. If anyone has any other suggestions i'm all ears.

Xfire= stewpidd
AIM= Frankjives
E-mail= [email protected]

Advertisements

frankjives

frankjives

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
problem solved my processor just sucks