Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Steam Games (CSS, DAY OF DEFETE...etc) Crashing

• Please log in to reply

Vladdddd

Vladdddd

• Pip
  • 9 posts
My new computer is bran new, 2gb ddr2, 3.0ghz processor (shud do me good) I got plenty of room 360 gigs for now......... ANyways.... Most levels in counterstrike source work for me.... except my long time favouritefrom 1.6 De_Nuke... everytime i load that lvl my computer restarts!, same with d.o.d when i load avalanche it restarts... anyone have any idea why or how to fix this?

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

My new computer is bran new, 2gb ddr2, 3.0ghz processor (shud do me good) I got plenty of room 360 gigs for now......... ANyways.... Most levels in counterstrike source work for me.... except my long time favouritefrom 1.6 De_Nuke... everytime i load that lvl my computer restarts!, same with d.o.d when i load avalanche it restarts... anyone have any idea why or how to fix this?

Hi!
the problem is probebly in one of the games dll files. The windows either doesn't recognize the file or the file is currupt, so you should either reinstall the game or go online to the website and see if there is any updates.

if this works please let me know.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Soorena if you dont have steam experience dont reply to probelms with games that use it, what to try is go diggin in the program files and find the map data for each and delete it then start steam, used to be that when it started it would detect the missing files and do download them form the main server again. Either that or uninstall and reinstall, steam is finicky trying when you play with it though, they do have excellent tech support though.