Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't unninstall game Ghost recon

• Please log in to reply

Wolfvering

Wolfvering

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I install the game but I took the first cd to install the 2 disc before it's completed
and now i cant play or deleted to install again can anyone Help?
:tazz:

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Hi Welcome to Geeks To Go,
remove the disk from your cdrom drvie. Reboot in to safe mode by tapping F8 countantily from the moment when you turn on your computer to when a screen pops up asking you what mode you want to reboot into. using the arrow keys move around untill you get to "safe mode" then hit enter, this will reboot you into safe mode. once loaded click start>settings>contol panel. once there select add and remove programs and select removve gost recon. if you dont see it there remove what ever the installing pacage was from you computer. once deleted, reboot. if the screen pops up again(as it did when you where pressing F8) select normal mode. this your computer should now look normal. now try intalling the game again, be very carefull and follow alll on screen instuructions.

hope this helps

mile runner
geek u trainee

Wolfvering

Wolfvering

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi Mile Runner
I try to do that and did not work.
In the Remove and Add Prog. window I selected for delete Ghost recon stars the Procces for unnistall
and finish the procces and back to the Remove Add Window is there again... :tazz:

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Interesting...........ok reboot into safe mode--

okily dokily, go ahead and delte the folder called C:/Program Files/(what ever the gost recon file is).
if it tells you that it cant do it because a prossess is running, hit (together) CRL+ALT+DELETE and then if you are running certain versions taskmanger will popup on other versions you will have to select task manager. Tell the computer to end any prosses that seem to be running out of gost recon.

Wolfvering

Wolfvering

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi Again
Listen there's no file left in my pc.
I deleted all the Folders and Files because the Add remove prog. did not unnisntall the Game
maybe because it wasn't completly Install.
But the Add and Remove Prog. still Shows the The Ghost Recon but with out the Icon of the Game
and I click Remove and Ask if the Saves too and i click yes and the system suppose Unninstall
the game but doesnt delete it.. the Ghost Recon is Still there in the add remove prog. window ONLY..
I insert the Cdrom game and Shows The main Menu of the game Unnistall, play,ubi.com,install directx 8,Cancel... and I click play and you can hear a beep abd nothing happens then click unnistall and take you to a window to unnistall the game an it does all the steps and then Close
And i try to in Safe mode and is the Same

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
sorry for the delayed response. if it is appearing in add and remove programs then it is still in C:/program files

simay

simay

• Pip
  • 3 posts
help, i think i am having a similar problem.

i installed ghost recon, but i had to unistall it. i did the add/remove and all that. now, when i try to install it through either the autorun menu or the setup file on the cd, the game setup goes to the installshield wizard, which tries to UNinstall it. i made sure that the ghost recon directory was removed, but still no joy.

if i go through with the uninstall, the autorun menu now shows the onptions to: unistall, play, etc...
however, if i click cancel in that uninstall, then the cd autorun menu come up with: install, play (grayed out), etc...

Edited by simay, 26 August 2006 - 11:39 PM.