Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WEP Code Problem

• Please log in to reply

WhoCares2021

WhoCares2021

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I have a wireless network connection, and I was trying to connect my Nintendo DS to the network for Mario Kart. I got to the step where you enter your WEP code. I don't know it, so I tried to change it. Unfortunately, now I can't connect to the internet on my computer. It connects to the network, but not the internet. I'm typing this from a different computer.

I've tried restarting the network and the computer, but it didn't fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Reset the router to factory default then set it up again and set a new WEP key. Then write it down.

WhoCares2021

WhoCares2021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
I don't want to risk screwing up anyone else's internet. I found my WEP code, but it is 26 characters long, and windows won't accept a code that length. I know that it is correct, because I got it off of my Comcast setup page.

WhoCares2021

WhoCares2021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Problem solved, thanks for your help.