Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Several Blue Screen Codes both Windows XP and WIndows XP x64

• Please log in to reply

madfutbol64

madfutbol64

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was hoping that I could find someone to help me troubleshoot the issue here. I have a PC that will randomly crash (Blue screen) not mattering on the application or if I am currently at the PC. The blue screen messages vary, I have seen: IRQ_Not_Less_Than_Equal ; System_Service_Exception ; Driver_IRQL_Not _Less_Than_Equal ; Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_Area ; etc.

I was having this issue in Windows XP and thought to resolve it by running Windows XP x64. Same issues.

Since the problems have started, the following components have been changed out : Motherboard (Twice), RAM (Now using PNY 512MB stick), Video Card, Hard Drive, CPU, Sound Card, DVD drive, and network card. All of the drivers have been updated to current with the exception of the built in network card which stays current motherboard release.

I have run memtest v3.62 5 times without a failure.

The errors happen randomly, once eve while I was trying to register for this forum, several times if I am not a the desk, some times in the middle of a game.

I am starting to suspect the power supply, although that was replaced 2 motherboards ago.

Any ideas?

P.S. The hard drives have been wiped before each OS Install and OS's are installed fresh.

THanks,
Rob

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Given the thorough job you;ve done, I would say disable the NIC in bios and get yourself a $10 NIC and see if the problem persists.

madfutbol64

madfutbol64

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a couple of NIC cards laying around, I will try them. Any possibility that those blue screens can be generated from a faulty power supply?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I would never rule that out....I've had faulty power supplies manifest in the oddest ways, but since those are typically driver errors, I would lean toward the NIC first