Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CALL OF DUTY WONT PLAY

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ets44

ets44

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I didn't pirate this game, I got it for Christmas. I installed it, played it for two days and it was fine. Then I got that same message saying to insert the cd and restart the application.

I've been searching for a solution, and I came across this site. I haven't been in any other forums before so I'm new at this.

Advertisements

BigMo

BigMo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I purchased CoD2 over xmas and when then first copy didn't even install due to my dvd rom not even recognising the dvd was even in the drive I returned it for another copy...

I've run the system req via gamespy and I easy meet the min requirments... I only fail on the gfx for the recommeneded which is below a Geforce 6800... =(

my only problem remains that stated above... if I can't get the dvd rom to even see the dvd in the drive I can't install it... that's what is do'n me noodle in...

Any help would be really grateful...

buffet_bug

buffet_bug

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey danger mouse, do u think u could help me out? i bought the game recently and im also having the same problem

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts

I purchased CoD2 over xmas and when then first copy didn't even install due to my dvd rom not even recognising the dvd was even in the drive I returned it for another copy...

Try updating the firmware of the DVD drive, you can get firmware updates from the manufacturers website.
If that doesn't work then try a different DVD drive.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 16 January 2006 - 03:22 AM.

nizzle

nizzle

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i tried putting cod2 on my comp too but i get this

Getting Direct3D 9 interface...
Pixel shader version is 0.0
Vertex shader version is 0.0
Video card or driver doesn't support alpha blending.
Error during initialization:
Video card or driver doesn't support alpha blending.

should i get a new video card or is it not worth trying to upgrade it on a dell demension 2400

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Your PC ships with an Intel integrated graphics card which isn't capable of running the game.
I've checked the specs of your computer and it doesn't have an AGP slot so you can't upgrade to a decent graphics card. You could either upgrade the motherboard to one with an AGP slot or buy a new computer.

DentSim

DentSim

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Having the same "please insert the correct CD/DVD-ROM" problem. Multiplayer works fine, but single player gives me problems. Please help.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
most often the problems are related to DMA, but can have other causes.

Please see this link

If you have the "Game of the Year" edition (as noted in gold at the top of the box, please vist this link

DentSim

DentSim

• Pip
  • 4 posts
still no luck. Any other suggestions?

soccerdabest

soccerdabest

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
omg, i didnt know people r having the same problems as me.i also cant play single player on my Call of Duty 2. Multiplayer works but I get the same error message i dont kow wats going on, plz help, im desperate, i really wana play this game!!!

Advertisements

soccerdabest

soccerdabest

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
also i went to the link starjax sent me and i saw some recommendations but i dont know how to sert the cd-rom cache to zero and i dont know how to change the DMA settings on my CD-ROM, plz help me. Im pretty bad wid computerszz.

soccerdabest

soccerdabest

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
also i went to the link starjax sent me and i saw some recommendations but i dont know how to sert the cd-rom cache to zero and i dont know how to change the DMA settings on my CD-ROM, plz help me. Im pretty bad wid computerszz.

soccerdabest

soccerdabest

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
neva mind i found hhow 2 change the dma settings but i still dont know how to put the cache size 2 zero. i trieed some different resolutions but still nothing works. plz help im desperate...

Elahrairah

Elahrairah

• Pip
  • 2 posts

OK this is why we say make your own thread. I helped dangermouse because I could tell he was telling the truth that his game was a legit copy.

If you downloaded this game from the internet I will not help you. That is called pirating and is against the rules of the site. You should of read when you registered.

Thats why i sent him a personal message, He sounded truthful.

If others saw what I typed then I would be helping piraters, if they have a priated copy.

I have the same problem. Please help. Multiplayer fine, single player it says insert correct disk. It is DVD version pack with COD1 and expansion and COD2...I only installed COD2. I tried on my laptop, which has DVDDL drive and 256MB video card and it just freezes up when I open single player (meaning, no "insert correct disk" error message, but a hung up computer). My desktop is just as good, but I get the error message. Both computers installed fine and multiplayer fine.

How can I convince you I have a legit copy to earn your trust to get some help? I assure you it is genuine.

Thanks.

Edited by Elahrairah, 18 July 2007 - 09:20 AM.

Elahrairah

Elahrairah

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Update: I got it. It's too bad Activision has to go to such lengths to make sure thier software will not work properly. No doubt it was deliberate. They make it so the only fix makes you feel like a low life. All just to play a game I paid good money for. Thank God there are options out there. I love the game (now that it is working), but I will think twice before buying Activision again....COD3 is out of the question, that is for sure....