Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fatal System Error c000021a

• Please log in to reply

Sangye

Sangye

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Initially searching for help on the web I was refered to a few posts here at Geeks To Go! but all I found were questions and requests for help ... no actual responces.

I reinstalled Windows XP SP2 and for a few days things were fine (my system still runs a bit slow however) now today I had to attempt boot up repeatedly until finally once it was successful. Now that I'm on I am afraid to turn the comp back off! haha

Does anyone know anything about this erroro and how to get it resolved. I am not really tech savvy so please if you can offer any direction in an easy to follow fashion that would be helpful.

Thanks
Sangye

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
If you ever cant get your computer to start:

go ahead and reboot into safe mode, this while run the computer using default settings and will not let you connect to the internet but will tell us whether it is a OS Setting thing. inorder to do this whill restarting press F8 repeatly which will bring you to a very computer looking thing, it has not true user interface. you should use the arrow keys to select "safe mode" and then press enter to select it. your computer will go throw the regular starting procedure.

You may not just want to reboot just yet. you should follow the above insturctions once your computer for some reason is turned off. i have am not quite sure what is going on with your computer (i am still a geek in training) but eventualy your computer is going to crash, or your computer will need to be shut down for some reason. i suggest you print out the intructions to reboot into safe mode, because you will not beable to veiw my post while you are doing this

TO RECAP:

1. Turn on your computer.
2. press F8 repeatly untill you get a selection screen
3. Select the Reboot in safe mode, using the arrow and enter keys
4. this should get your computer to run, you will not be able to get internet accsess but you will be able to ajust settings and delect and detect malware.

i hope this helps, but yet agian us should wait for one of the staff members to assist you with accualy getting your computer to run using a conventional start up.