Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

stop code help

• Please log in to reply

DragonRider

DragonRider

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ok so one day my computer got really really hot and shut down. i have not been able to get it going since then. i finaly got to a point where i could get some stop codes and was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

this is the stop code i got wiht my 6600gt vid card in
0x0000008E (0x0000005, 0x8084325F, 0xF7C82028, 0x00000000)

someone told me that it was the video card so i pulled it out and put in an old geforce4. then i got this stop.
0x00000050 (0xFFFFFFF7, 0x00000000, 0x808442B8, 0x00000000)

any help you guys can give me will be great.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Both those error messages are normally associated with your ram - either a bad stick or incompatible..

I suggest you download Memtest86, install it on a floppy and then boot using the floppy.. Run the test on each separate module (if you have more than one) and then all together..

Let the test run for a couple hours on each stick of ram and let's see what the results are..

Murray

DragonRider

DragonRider

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for the info. but i have tried swaping out my memory. no change. i got the second error again. i had this issue before with a dif system and eveyone had said it was the memory and i swaped it out and no change. so i did a full re install of windows and it worked fine. but now i cant even get to the format.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Run Memtest86.. You may be surprised !!

Murray

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Heya Dragon! :) Just popping in to subscribe and make sure you get help! :tazz: :) Murray is one of our best Techs. He *will* get you fixed up, ok?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
The last error message could also be the result of bad drivers in your display adaptor..

Microsoft Fix

Murray

DragonRider

DragonRider

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
the bad driver issue makes sence cause i tried swaping out the video cards. but when i am trying to format and install windows it hangs. i cant even get to the point where i can format. i finaly found a disk and am going to run memtest.

Edited by DragonRider, 28 December 2005 - 11:14 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
I would do the ram check first.. Then start looking at the video drivers..

Murray