Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SpySherriff hit me, and I can't get to any screens!

• Please log in to reply

t03g

t03g

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I would really appreciate any help that can be offered!

I was on the internet, and my computer started stating that there was a spyware installed, and to click the bubble in order to get have windows download the correct download to remove it... it said SpySherriff on flickering pop ups, but not really even long enough to click on one. Then something else seemed to come out, like a mountain lion with a metal cage helmet or something like that stating "malware detected", and like a registry list showing things being listed and deleted. I had no idea what to do, so I turned the computer off...I panic'd...

Now when I go to sign in, it takes me to my log in screen with user Id like normal -- then when I click on the log in user, everthing else is my old wall paper... nothing at all.. no shortcuts, no start button...

I don't know if I can do anything, but I can't really download anything to my computer because it won't give me any options, just blank wallaper...

Any ideas of how I should approach this I would really appreciate!

It also said something like w32/bloodhound of something like that...

Thanks!

Tom

Edited by t03g, 27 December 2005 - 03:33 PM.

Advertisements