Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new graphics card

• Please log in to reply

cyrawhite

cyrawhite

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
Yes i'm trying to figure this new graphic card out. i have an HP which has a PCI slot, i bought a new Nvidia GEForce FX5200Plus for my computer, because the on-board card doesn't work for a game I got for Christmas. I disable the on-board video card and install the new one. when I turn the PC back on, i have nothing on my screen. any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Try re-seating the card, and/or try installing it in another slot.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
try this im not sure if this will work but give it a go!

plug the graphics card into the PCI port but dont plug the monitor into the card. Plug the monitor into the port on the motherboard then load up windows download the drivers and then plug the monitor into the graphics card. If this doesnt work disable them in the BIOS and change the graphics to PCI

hopefully this works. :tazz:

Edited by rumble291, 28 December 2005 - 02:58 PM.