Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Panda 2006 Won't Install

• Please log in to reply

Carrie O

Carrie O

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer is running Windows XP Home SP2 with current updates & high speed Internet. I was using Panda Platinum Internet Security 2005 with no problems since May 2005. I recently upgraded to Platinum Internet Security 2006, paid for it and downloaded it, removed Panda 2005, cleaned registry, to prepare for install of Panda 2006. Upon installing 2006 I received the an error that there was incompatible antivirus software on my computer (etrust EZ antivirus), which must be removed before installation of Panda 2006. I cleaned my computer of all traces of eTrust, and any other particles of other antivirus software. I contacted Panda via email, they sent me instructions to replace the Avdetect.ini file which was to be located by running %temp% to locate the Avdetect.ini file for this specific known problem. The Avdetect.ini file was not there. I found it in a Windows System32 file by doing a search. Still I followed all instructions to replace that file and re-install. I am still unable to install Panda 2006, and continue to get the same error about EZ antivirus. I have even re-downloaded a fresh Panda 2006 in case it was a faulty download, and tried again.
I would appreciate any help, or ideas.

Advertisements