Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

This stupid Program will not Remove!

• Please log in to reply

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I have a program that I tried un-installing from my computer system, but it never removes. I try clicking the button in my 'Control Panel > Remove Programs' to remove the program, but it never removes. My computer always responds with a glitchy flicker type pop-up and just fades really quick. I un-installed the program, but I cannot get it removed from the list of installed programs in my 'Control Panel > Remove Programs'. So can someone help me?

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Wuz up Iron-Wolf, ok start by opening the registry.

-->Start -->Run -->"regedit"

Look for this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

More towards the bottom you will find the programs and should see the one still in Add/Remove.

You can also do a search in this key if, the program that wasnt removed. Example: Add/Remove shows "CCleaner (remove only)". So I do a search and find it.

Remember it must be under the Uninstall key or else you in the wrong place.

Goodluck :tazz:

EDIT:
I see you asked for registry repair programs, first run the programs and then if they dont work come to this option.

:)

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 27 December 2005 - 07:26 PM.

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
THANX MAN! PROB SOLVED! CCCLEANER ROX!