Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I got a virus.

• Please log in to reply

nubcub

nubcub

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I'm new to this site and I'm looking for some help on this nasty virus I have. I cant get rid of it, I use the program Avast! and that didnt seem to work. Basically, the virus sits in my toolbar with all the programs are running (bottom right) and it sits there and says. "Your computer is infected! Dangerous malware infection was detected on your PC The system will now download and install most efficient antimalware program to prevent data loss and your private information theft. Click here to protect your computer from the biggest malware threats." It has the icon of Windows update, and transforms into a red circle with a white X in the middle, it makes a little bubble sound too. I think it is a virus that can remake itself. Because it seems to be the only virus I cannot remove. It has many names hp3457.tmp., hp71F3.tmp.q_8042701_q, hp75BC.tmp.q_8042701_q. Now I only THINK this is the virus that is on my toolbar, it may not be. All i can really do is describe it to you. When i click on the little "Your computer is infected!" thing. It leads me to this site. http://spyaxe.net/?ref=100064 I don't know if that site is bad so you may not want to go there. By the way, the little "Your computer is infected!" thing is on my toolbar from startup. Please help me you are my only hope. Also, I forgot to note, on startup it installs something called...Spy Axe.

Edited by nubcub, 27 December 2005 - 09:46 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum