Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

keep getting a notifier,exe pop up on my screen

• Please log in to reply

txhess

txhess

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:) Every time anyone logs onto the PC, we get a MOVIELAND TRIAL EXPIRED pop up. I go to Task Manager and there is a notifier.exe running. I did a search for notifier.exe and found one on my D: drive (18GB d/d) in /program files/fsupport and another in Windows/notifier.exe _ and a series of number with a .pf extension. How can I stop this from popping up? I have renamed the notifier.exe to notifier.old just to see if it helps. Good idea or bad idea? Just a temp fix any way till I can learn how to remove it. I did remove the Movieland application from the Add/Remoce program, but that has not stopped the pop up.
:tazz: I give up! and need some help.

Edited by txhess, 27 December 2005 - 10:50 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Users of Antivir suddenly noticed a pop-up when the antivir program is doing an update. Their firewall notify them that notifier.exe tried to access the internet. A pop-up with survey keep showing asking Antivir users to fill-up the survey or lottery game?

Some users of Antivir, deleted the notifier.exe while others renamed it. Others blocked the connection with the help of their firewall software. Some users who blocked the connection of notifier.exe still received the annoying pop-up.

There is no documentation yet from the vendor on what it does and who it is calling (whether home only or ?)

I think it is not a big issue but the vendor must provide documentation on what it does. If it is just a lottery or game survey, users who opted not fill in should not see the pop-up again but that is not happening. Users who already fill-in the survery reported that the pop-up won't go away.

It seems to be obtained in a number of ways

Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum