I have installed a new Hitachi 160GB deckstar as a slave drive F: to the original Samsung 36GB master C:
I converted the master C: to NTFS in line with the new slave F:
The PC has slowed down almost to a halt
- When I right click a folder it takes 10-20 seconds for the dropdown list to appear.
- When I then hang the cursor over "send to" it either takes over 10 seconds for that dropdown list to appear or it times out
- When I copy a file/folder it takes nearly 30 seconds to respond to a paste instruction
- Where I used to access a Java Chatroom in about 5 seconds it now times out after about 90 seconds so I cannot raise a question online
- Even the righthand scrollbar takes 2 seconds to respond!
- I even posted this topic on this forum an hour ago and it has disappeared!!
Why has all this happened?