Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen keeps going fuzzy

• Please log in to reply

GovtCheese

GovtCheese

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
My screen, after a while, starts getting blurry, as if the text on the screen is vibrating, and it gets increasingly worse until I go to my desktop and change my resolution. then it stops for a while, but always comes back

is this a video card or a monitor issue?

thanks in advance

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
It could be either one as i have had the same thing happen both ways. Borrow a known good monitor and run it for a week or so and see if it still blurrs. If it does then the video card is the problem. I have a proview monitor that gets crazy when it has been turned on and running for more than 6 hours. Up to the 6th hour it runs fine with no problems. After that it goes wacko. I have had quite a few video cards do similar( but i havent seen them cause blurryness. Most of the problems come from SIS chipsets with some ATI also. I havent had a problem with nvidia chipsets except when i have forgot to delete the old card drivers when installing new drivers .

SRX660