Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony DVD camcorder HELP!

• Please log in to reply

speakerabbit

speakerabbit

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi everyone

Sorry if any of this sounds basic but here's the problem.

I've had a Sony DVD camcorder 92E and I'm after a bit of help. Firstly I've finally worked out that there are two formats 'Video' and 'VR' it turns out our DVD player won't play the VR mode and so therefore everything has to be recorded in Video, that's OK but a pain as the edit option is not available when working in this mode. But the problem is I can't play the DVD-RW on my computer either. I would like to know a) what's stopping it playing? b) if and when I do get it working is there any software that will then allow me to edit c) will I be able to save edited movies on DVD format as until this is sorted it's costing me a fortune in 8cm DVD-RW discs.

Again, sorry if all this sounds basic but I'm new to camcorders!

Amanda :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You should be able to copy the files on the disc to a folder you create on the drive, then use Nero / Roxio or similar to edit the files then record them back to disc

Have a look at the pinned free editing applications topic at the top of this forum to see if any of them will do what you need

Nero 6 will do the editing and writing to disc, you may find OEM versions of Nero 6 much cheaper than Nero 7

It will also format the DVDRW discs you have

speakerabbit

speakerabbit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Great advice thanks keith. I'll give it a whirl!!

:tazz:

Amanda