Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot start windows

• Please log in to reply

as4

as4

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi!

Turned on my PC this morning and it freezed in very beginning of loading windows and vertical stripes appeard. I haven't installed any programs lately.
I took a picture of the display with my phone

bilde_13_.jpg

I couldn't load even bios

Is there problem with video card or motherboard?

Thanx!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot the PC and keep tapping the delete key until it enters set up, look for and load performance / enhanced BIOS defaults, press F10 then press enter, type Y to confirm then press enter, as it boots, keep tapping F8 until you get options, select safe mode to see if Windows will load

If it does, reboot, keep tapping F8 until you get options, select safe mode with networking to see if it loads

If it does, check the firewall is running, look for updated drivers for the video adapter, or you can re-instal from the software CD

Some keyboards will show boot order if you tap F8 so you would need to tap F5 in this case

as4

as4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I tried tapping delete key, but it didn't entered BIOS setup.
I will try to do that again when i'll get home.
I'll post reply asap.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It can be the motherboard options, try tapping F2 or F1

One of those should give you a reaction

as4

as4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
there's no beep when turning on PC - so i cann't tap any key because keyboard doesn't work and screen is black

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
If you won't void any warranty(s) by doing so, lets have you try resetting the computers BIOS. Please do the follow:
  • Turn off your computer
  • Remove the power cord from the back of your computer
  • Open the side panel
  • Locate the CMOS battery (it's shiny stainless steel about the size of a nickel) and remove it
  • Wait at LEAST 5 minutes
  • Put the CMOS battery back in
  • Re-attach the side panel
  • Re-attach the power cord to the back of the computer
  • Power on your computer
You will probably get a CMOS checksum error first time booting after doing this. Don't worry this is NORMAL. It only means that you need to set the date & time on your computer again. It should say to press one of the Function keys or DEL to enter SETUP. Do so and reset the correct date & time. Make sure you SAVE CHANGES before you exit setup.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 29 December 2005 - 06:59 AM.

as4

as4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
unfortunately removing and re-attaching CMOS battery didn't help either :tazz: still nothing