Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE New Windows not Maximised

• Please log in to reply

infaddict

infaddict

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Hey everyone :)

I should really know the answer to this, but I don't :)

When I launch IE, it is maximised just like I want it. However, whenever I click on a link that opens a new window (or do right-click, open in new window), the window that opens is only 1/4 size (approx) of the screen and I then have to manually maximise it.

IE doesn't seem to remember that I have maximised it, so every time I open a new window it is once again too small.

How can I force IE to open my new windows Maximised? Is there a reg setting or something that determines position and size of new windows?

Cheers for any help :tazz:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Open a copy of IE6.

Manually resize the window to fill the screen. Now close IE6.

When you reopen IE6 it should now remember the previous window setting which is as near as [bleep] to maximized.

A long-running quirk of Internet Explorer I believe.

You could always put your own Internet Explorer shortcut on the desktop and set its properties to Maximize automatically so the initial window will always be maximised.

infaddict

infaddict

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Hey Neil, thanks that worked! How bizarre that it remembers resizing the border, but not maximising!

Thanks a lot :tazz: