Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Card Problem - AN8 FaTal1ty Sli

• Please log in to reply

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
hey guys, i got a new motherboard for a computer i made for christmas, For some reason the driver disk that came with the system is not working as in it wont make the sound work.

I downloaded the latest driver but i get an error message saying "Cannot find drivers for this device : BDE Slip de-framer".

Im running windows XP pro, the sound card is installed and its a amd 64 bit 939 processor with 1 gb of ram.

thanks
dave

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Is this the weird abit sound board that came with it.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
yeah, that would be the one

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
http://www2.abit.com...PRODINFO=Driver
is it the driver from here, its a realtek AC97 driver you can get it from other places as well you might try that, and are you downloading the 32bit version.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
I found out its actually this one http://www2.abit.com.....PE=Socket 939

And im trying the latest driver now, any suggestions should it not work?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah like i said the realtek one, it should work.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
thats the only problem with those motherboards, They are really great boards
I would probably not use the soundcard that it came with and buy my own creative if I bought that board.

Not really the motherboards fault its the sound card. You should be able to get it to work though.

About every motherboard has a small issue of some sort.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its not a sound card at all as far as i know the soundcard is on the motherboard they just didnt have room for the audio inputs and outputs on the back panel so they stuck it on a board. Its good in that you dont have ports that you dont use on the back when you get a sound card, but you need a sound card in the first place.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
It is really a card. It has the connectors that goes into a small slot.

I know its really weird though and I didnt want to get technical. Its for the ports for sound.
(Still is a sound card issue technically lol)

I dont use any onboard sound for any motherboard, I always buy a creative sound card. Just saying if you bought a creative sound card comanighttrain, you wouldnt have ran into any trouble.

I said the above because I didnt want him to think that the board was a pos. I was the one that helped him pick out that board if im not mistaken, and I didnt want him to feel unhappy with it just because of the small little issue.

Attached Thumbnails

• abitsound.JPG

Edited by jrm20, 28 December 2005 - 02:39 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I dont usually bother with a souncard unless they are good value for money, i cant tell the difference but im useless with sounds, you should have seen me trying to learn to play the pipes completely tone death and cant play a thing without sheetmusic, so i can never tell the difference between a good sound card and the onboard.

Its a weird deal on those boards, they only have it because the dual OTES(think thats the name) take up so much room.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
LOL warriorscot.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
hey guys, this has turned into a problem PC. I need to start a whole new thread to cover everything.