Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Brand New P.C! Now, all I see is a black desktop! Please Help&

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Dishy999

Dishy999

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I just bought a new mouse and monitor, I plugged them in and they worked fine. I had to restart the p.c. for the mouse "so these changes to take effect" so I did. I turned it back on, the p.c. loaded fine, the XP blue load bars loaded up fine, the XP tune played. But the desktop is blank! Its just black, nothing on it! I spent loads of money for it to realise it suddenly dosen't work! And I'm pretty sure it has no viruses. Help will be appreciated! Thanks! :) :tazz:

Dishy999

Edited by Dishy999, 28 December 2005 - 07:43 AM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
THe obvious answer is to check all the connections.

When the pc boots, do you see any kind of splash screen with the PC maker name? How about memory count up?

Dishy999

Dishy999

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I see the p.c. load up at the start up to when the big XP logo with the blue loading bars under, then it logs on, I can hear the XP tune play but it's just a black screen. If I need to plug something in what would it be?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Dishy, I see this is the third post you;ve created on this topic

Please do not do that, as it creates more work and means fewer people can get help.

Please return to the original post

http://www.geekstogo...25