Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Alpha blending trouble

• Please log in to reply

Katpost

Katpost

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, so i just recently got cod2. i had finished installing it when i see that "video card or driver doesn't

support alpha blending". So I came here at geeks to go to hopefully find answers. But what ive read so far

hasn't helped really. Ive got all the sys. requirements but i dont know what to do do i have to get a new

video card or something or do i have to update itHelp cuz im not sure what to do. Please answer back as

soon as u can.Thanks.

Edited by Katpost, 28 December 2005 - 07:57 AM.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
alpha blending is due to a video card error.

First make shure you updated directx to the latest 9.0c

Get the latest video card drivers if you can.

If it is a intel integrated video card your going to have to buy a new video card. I can tell you that right now.

I need to know your video card and what available expansion slots you have because you will probably need an upgrade.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
If you dont know how to get me info about your pc, download pcwizard2006 in my signature.

Download and install the program. Then open the program. Look for and icon that says mainboard when you hover your mouse over it. Right click the mainboard icon then goto save as. Leave everything alone and press ok. Then save the file as whatever you want to name it and the location as well. Now copy and paste that info in the forum here and your done. :tazz:

Katpost

Katpost

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks , i just saw on my computer that i have DX 9.0b not 9.0c.

and im not sure what you mean if i have intel intergrated graphics, how do I check that?

Then there's one more problem my computer doesn't tell me the manufacturer of the video card and im not

sure where to check on the computer for info about the video card.