Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dumping physcial memory 0x0000009c error

• Please log in to reply

Will456

Will456

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i read an earlier topic around the same lines as my error but it wasnt exactly the same, so i needed more support
Well it all started on december 25th when i installed a new motherboard Abit K8T800 pro and a AMD 64 3500+, i repaired windows and installed all the drivers but i still keep getting the blue screen and an error code.
The message says
MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
STOP: 0x0000009c (0x00000004, 0x80545ff0, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f)
Dumping physical memory
Then the computer just freezes, i have tried several things, (i have one 512 and one 256 of DDR ram both installed) i removed the 256 stick, error still occured, i formatted my C drive, error still occurs, i repaired windows, error still occurs, i have used my 256 stick and a newish one and the error still occured (my comp wont start with only 256mb for some reason) i have a 450 watt power supply (this could be a issue?) i am running at this very second on 42 celcius CPU temperture.
Im fresh out of ideas here, so please any help will be greatly apprecitaed
thanks

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Just so we're clear...was this system operating with a previous motherboard, then you swapped motherboards, ran a repair on the very first boot (in other words, you did not try to start windows first, then run a repair when it failed)

Will456

Will456

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
im ashamed to say this, but i put the new MB in ran windows noticed the problem, got told i have to run repair when installing a new MB then repiaried it, and then formatted C drive when the problem persisted,
plz any ideas will be welcome, (most annoying thing it the world, upgarding ur comp spending 200 quid and it dosnt work :tazz: )

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
When you swap a motherboard, you need to run the repair before you try to load windows--doing it the way you did corrupts the hardware abstraction layer.

That does not address the issue of after a format, however.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Just so we're clear (again)

What motherboard (you named the chipset, not the board), and which athlon 64 core? Is it Venice?

What BIOS version are you running?

I think your problem has to do with memory timing or perhaps FSB memory timing. Is there a setting in BIOS for OPTIMAL, as opposed to normal, aggressive, turbo, etc?