Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem Opening Program

• Please log in to reply

Mcart91

Mcart91

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I downloaded a program called zFlicks from zVue.com. Its a video editing program. Everytime a try to open it, i get this pop up:

zflicks.exe-Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point WMIsContentProtected could not be located in the dynamic link library WMVCore.DLL.

Ive tryed to contact the company and i get no response. If any one could help me or direct me on how to get help that would be great! Thanx!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
this usually means the application is looking for code with in a dynamic link library, but cannot find it

This usually results from an older program trying to be run on a newer system with updated DLLs. I suspect that is the case here--the application was written for an older version of windows.

There is no way to fix this, other than to replace the new dll with the old dll--which can harm the rest of the operating system.