Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Problem Opening Program

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I downloaded a program called zFlicks from zVue.com. Its a video editing program. Everytime a try to open it, i get this pop up:

zflicks.exe-Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point WMIsContentProtected could not be located in the dynamic link library WMVCore.DLL.

Ive tryed to contact the company and i get no response. If any one could help me or direct me on how to get help that would be great! Thanx!

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
this usually means the application is looking for code with in a dynamic link library, but cannot find it

This usually results from an older program trying to be run on a newer system with updated DLLs. I suspect that is the case here--the application was written for an older version of windows.

There is no way to fix this, other than to replace the new dll with the old dll--which can harm the rest of the operating system.