Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hard Drive problem

• Please log in to reply

subasteve

subasteve

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, When I upgraded from 95 to xp I lost all my files on my D drive and it says I need to reformat plus, The Hard drive space is 1.8gigs when it should be 4.0 gigs. I reformatted, checked for disk errors, and repartioned. I Can not figure out how to get my 4 gigs back. By the way I had it partined into 4 drives with about 1 gig on each drive.

Please Help :tazz:

Advertisements

RockRunner85

RockRunner85

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Your issue is that reformatting does not clear the partition tables. It only reformats the current partition. Right-click my computer either on the desktop or start menu. Select manage. Click disk management under the storage section. On the right side you should see you drive. From there you can right-click and delete the partition. Create a new one, format it, and assign it a drive letter.