Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Aol 9.0 VS XP firewall

• Please log in to reply

Irishredlr

Irishredlr

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I am really embarrassed to ask this question, but I just can't figure it out. I just upgraded to Windows XP today. Every time I sign on to aol I get this message that a full connection to aol services cannot be established, that I need to allow all aol software processes to run in my firewall. I have been going crazy all day trying to find out how to do this. I cannot seem to find the topic in the windows help, and aol' s directions don't seem to describe what I come across when I open my firewall. Finally I just turned the firewall off. Can anyone give me very specific "stupid proof" instructions as to how to fix this problem? :tazz:

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Do you have Service Pack 2 installed??

Irishredlr

Irishredlr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
I believe so, the package says "now includes service pack 2", so unless I was supposed to install it separately I should have it already.