Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen

• Please log in to reply

saturn1975

saturn1975

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have windows xp on another computer i cant do anything with it as soon as i boot it up the blue screen comes up and says windows has been shut dow to prevent damage to your computer and i cant even go into safe mode to fix it please help.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Have you tried using your XP cd and running a REPAIR ??

Murray

saturn1975

saturn1975

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have the cd but not the directions when disk is inserted it comes up wont boot from c.d

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

I have the cd but not the directions when disk is inserted it comes up wont boot from c.d

Is the first boot device in BIOS set to the cd-rom??

Is this an original XP cd or one you or someone made for you (totally different setup procedure) ??

Murray

saturn1975

saturn1975

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I set it up in bios in cdrom. The disk's are original.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Great.. if the cd-rom is set as the first boot device, all you need do is boot with the XP cd in the cd drive.. Watch your screen.. you should get a message saying something like "Press a key to boot from cd".. Do it and follow the prompts from there..

Murray

saturn1975

saturn1975

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Boot from cd comes up however it still will not boot from cd. It comes up as error pc system not supported press any key to continue. I press any key and the same message keeps coming up.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Are you getting the message to press any key to boot from the cd??

Try removing everything over and above the necessities - soundcard, ethernet card, modem, etc.. Only leave in the cd drive, the harddrive, video card and ram..

Make sure the on-board anti-virus located in BIOS is disabled.. Now try it again..

Murray