Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting video off videocam

• Please log in to reply

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
I have a Digital Video Camcorder (Canon Elura 90). Currently I'm using Nero 7 Premium to capture the video from the camera. However the file size it creates is too big; a 60min file when captured with DV settings came to 11.2GB. That's way too much. Any software that could capture these videos & retain the quality to a good/very good state ?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you open Nero, click make your own DVD video, click make movie,

[attachment=5404:attachment]

browse for content, which is the blue magnifying glass button, locate and add the file, click the blue + so it sits in the timeline, click export, give the file a name and then click export again, choose if you want to convert to US or leave

I would expect the 11GB AVI file to come out at 1 to 2GB in Mpeg format which will play on standalone players if you burn it to a DVDR discs

While it is in the timeline, you can edit it as well