Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Safemode not working, cannot start windows

• Please log in to reply

smichael

smichael

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
yes I did try all the versions of safe mode with the same result.

Unfortunately the xp came already installed on the system (won't make the mistake of buying off the shelf computer again)

I do have the system restore discs that came with the computer but I was hoping to avoid that or looking for a simpler solution since my comp was working fairly well until I made the mistake of setting it off into a spiral.

I wouldn't be opposed to picking up a new XP disc since I will need one anyway for when I build my new comp later this year.

Advertisements

smichael

smichael

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
So would it be worth my time/money to pick up a retail version of Windows XP and use that to try to get my comp working again? Would there be a problem with me using the same disc to load windows into a new computer that I am planning on building later in '06 because It was already registered?

I checked out the EULA and it says it can only be used on one processor at a time. Or am I getting way ahead of myself here because picking up a retail version of XP wouldn't help me get my system running again in the first place?

Thanks again for taking a look at my dilemma.