Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SpyAxe seems to be gone

• Please log in to reply

mmango4x4

mmango4x4

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello. First time for me using a forum like this, so pardon my fumbling. I acquired the SpyAxe and some other mischevous things sometime Mon. night or Tues. am. Tried a combo of things I saw on another forum; still there. Signed up for yours this am and followed the "start here" section re: malware etc. Worked like a champ. After spending all day yesterday and a good portion of last night fighting this, your starting fix seems to have done the trick on this nasty bugger. Only place I see any remnants is in the ad/ remove list. No file info for it, just the name on the left side. I'm scared to even touch it w/ out some advice. Do I need to get it out, and if so, how? I'm a real novice at this stuff, and really appreciate the directions so far and the help. You guys rock. Thanks,
mmango4x4

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I would post a hijackthis log in malware to make sure you are completely rid of it first...if necessary, someone here can walk you through manually removing the entry in add/remove.