Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger

• Please log in to reply

AngelDisguise

AngelDisguise

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I am sorry if I have not posted in the right area.

My computer problems started yesterday. On Thursday I had downloaded SoulSeek. com which is a music downloading site. It was working fine and no problems. Then i was gone Friday thru SUnday on a trip. When i got home yesterday, I came to turn my computer on and something was wrong. My desktop was back to normal like the first day i received the computer. My documents were all gone and etc. I called toshiba and of course they were no help. They said that i had either put in the Recovery CD or i had deleted all my documents on my own. Obviously neither answer was right. Then i shut down my computer and decided to restart it. Well I did that and everything was back to normal :tazz: Of course i have NO idea what had happened. I got online and decided to remove SoulSeek and ended up downloading BearShare which is another music download website. This one came with Save ads. Im not good with understaning all the adware stuff, but i think its adware which isnt good for my computer right? I have McFee Antivirus too by the way. Well I downloaded BearShare and every thing was working fine, even today. But an hour ago I turned on my computer, got on the internet and clicked on BearSHare and it said cannot locate, browsing (seemed like it was gone). Then i pressed my recycling bin to see if it was there, and then everything stopped and the Dr.Watson Postmortem Debugger thing came up saying that it encountered a problem and needs to close. So i pressed close and i wasnt able to click on any icons. Not even to shut down. I keep shutting down and restarting but it keeps doing that. Now this last time i restarted it, it said: "Windowns cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator." So i pressed okay and it said something about logging me in as a temporary user. When it did the screen looked like it did yesterday when i had lost all my documents!!!! But yesterday when that hadnt Bear SHare wasnt downloaded yet but today it is so im very confused. On this temporary profile, it still gave me the Dr.Watson Debugger notice so i had to press ctrl Alt Delete to shut down. I am using my other computer to post this because i am unable to get on my other computer. Please help if you can, i am starting to freak out. What could this be. SOrry for being so long but i didnt want to miss anything. Now another problem is...if im not even able to use my computer without getting that stupid message, how can i fix anything? ;)

Advertisements