Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Report This Post" Feature

• Please log in to reply

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Many forums have a "Report This Post" feature where one can draw attention to imappropriate threads.

Unless I'm missing something, I can't see it on here. It would be handy to just bash that and fill in a form that says "I'm reporting this post because..." and somebody can review it rather than go scavenging around the site looking for somebody to mail/PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Thanks for the suggestion. Most large forums do not have reporting enabled, becasue it's often abused ("why didn't I get a reply?", "I have a problem like this..."). Also because it PMs all moderators it's not a very efficient system, and too much time is spent. We have a very active staff, and many have basic moderating abilities. There's usually staff online 24/7, and there's also the live chat room.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy Neil:

We also have the "If You Need A Mod" forum you can use!!

Murray

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Howdy Neil:

We also have the "If You Need A Mod" forum you can use!!

Murray

Which I can't find. Come on, who's nicked it?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Sorry Neil.. Me bad.. That is only available to Staff..

All you need do is PM a MOd or Admin!! :tazz:

Murray

Canorro

Canorro

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Thanks for the suggestion. Most large forums do not have reporting enabled, becasue it's often abused ("why didn't I get a reply?", "I have a problem like this..."). Also because it PMs all moderators it's not a very efficient system, and too much time is spent. We have a very active staff, and many have basic moderating abilities. There's usually staff online 24/7, and there's also the live chat room.

live chat room
were??
Im n00b here

Edited by Canorro, 18 January 2008 - 11:30 PM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

live chat room
were??
Im n00b here

ask and ye shall receive