Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

More Laptop Screen Issues

• Please log in to reply

sri-lankan

sri-lankan

• Pip
  • 6 posts
So i have read a few posts regarding laptop screens going dark on people and for the most part, i imagine this means replacement of the screen.
Here is my issue, my buddy's laptop screen was not working so i took a look at it (he said it had gone dark and he could barely see an image then after time, completely black). I was finally able to get it over to my place after getting a secondary monitor for my laptop which is a dell and which i love by the way.
So anyhoo, after cursory investigation, it was clear that the drivers for the monitors were missing or bad. Reinstalled and screen worked fine, however, after he took it home and while he was installing some software for an HP printer (may or may not have anything to do with it) It started to fade out again. Now there is some background image but faint. He said he might have pushed a function key on the laptop ( a toshiba Satellite 1200) causing this but he is unsure. I did try all the fn keys to no avail.
Can anyone offer any suggestions on this. Mind you it does indeed have a hijacker software on it that i discovered in another post here which i will be removing as well, but i am hardpressed to believe that is causing any issues with the hardware. All drivers seem fine as well.
Have not entered the bios yet either.
I would have liked to post this attached to another post regarding toshiba screens but this problem seems unique to me.
Great site by the way, have been on for one day and have seen two possible answers to my problems already.

Advertisements