Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Case/PSU/MOBO suggestions

• Please log in to reply

jorben31

jorben31

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i am building a computer, but i am having sum issues w/ mobo, PSU, and Case i need some suggestions since ima noob a building computers. Iv researched quite a bit, but i havent found a good bias opinion on those three components. So far i have...

3700+ amd San Diego Processor
Maxtor Dianmondmax 200gb 72000rpm hard drive
evga 7800gt video card
Corsair xms 2gb pc3200 memory
(all the other stuff will be coming from my old computer)

For a motherboard, im looking at...
ABIT KN8 Ultra Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard (From newegg :tazz: )
-im not really sure if this a quality board so im not sure if i should buy it.
-iv looked at Dfi also, but besides SLi, Dfi seems to suck

The major issue im having though is dealing w/ the case and PSU. I want a PSU that can run my system and be compatible with my mobo, but idont want to spend over $100 im looking at...
-COOLER MASTER Real Power RS-450-ACLY ATX12V 450W Power Supply 90 - 264V Nemko / TUV / cUL / CE / CNS

and i basically have no starting point for the case considering that for every case there is a good review it is then followed by a contradicting bad review :) .

so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

get the Abit they make all quality boards that are easy to set up.

Get this power supply the cool master would be ok but I didn't like some of the reviews and gadgits it comes with.

As far as the case its more personel preferance, I have used very cheap cases and as long as your cable management is good airflow will be good so other than that make sure it has enough drive bays for your needs. Don't forget case fans, you will need at least 2,1 front and 1 back, some cases come with these, I also prefer one in the side.

Rick

Edited by Doby, 28 December 2005 - 08:44 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
DFI boards are for the hardcore overclocker pretty useless for everyone else, MSI make good ones as well.