Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CoD2 Sound Stuttering

• Please log in to reply

sevn

sevn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello! I'm new the forums and I'm having some trouble with this game.

I just bought the game a few days ago, and I am taking the SinglePlayer very slowly while enjoying every second of it, though it's hard to enjoy some parts when my sound stutters and the game runs slow (sounds and feels like a slo-mo Matrix scene). This happens only in a few spots on larger maps while my FPS is still solid in the 30-40s (scoping into smoke, walking in random halls, etc). I already updated my sound drivers, lowered hardware acceleration to the lowest/second lowest, and I even tried lowering sound quality (which sounds like crap and doesn't help any). If anyone can help me, it's much appreciated. Also, did any of the game patches address this issue? I didn't bother patching the game because I'm not too fond of CoD style MP.

Athlon XP 2400+
1.25 GB RAM
ATi X800GT (overclocked)
Creative SB! Live

I play on all high/extra settings without shadows.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
set your sound options in game. It could be an issue with eax. try the basic sound option to see if that works. I would also recomend that you update your sound card drivers from creativelabs.com