Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Armada M700 Battery Issue

• Please log in to reply

jbtheman

jbtheman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey...this is my first post...
Ok so here is the run down...I have a Compaq Armada M700. The computer fails to charge the laptop battery. The old battery was dead 0% no recharge possible...I bought a new battery which the system reads as having 12.1% charge, 2 LEDs light up when the button is pressed. The battery still refuses to charge and the computer also refuses to use the power off the battery.

The computer runs at 100% when on AC power, with the battery in it states "charging". I went ahead and replaced the Voltage Converter Board because I assumed that it had burnt out...unfortunately it still does not charge or use the battery.

I have run Passmark Batterymon and it states 0mw for discharge rate and 0mw for charge rate...
is there anything else I can physically do to get this laptop to run on battery power? Like a fuse or something ridiculous that I might not know about...or am I doomed to needing a new motherboard... :tazz:

Thanks in advance...
JB

Advertisements

jbtheman

jbtheman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm assuming by the no replies that I am screwed...
thanks for the help!