Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Loading Error, Press any key to reboot

• Please log in to reply

pont

pont

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for all of your help. Unfortunately, F5 doesnt seem to get me to any command prompt. And the only disk that came with the laptop was a recovery and drivers disk. So, the repair XP option is not available.

And when trying to re-install the OS, there comes a point where a command prompts you to take out any CD's or diskettes, at which point the computer restarts and "Load Error" pops up again.

It seeems as though nothing works, so I suppose I'll be sending it to the manufacturer when I return.

You guys were a big help. Thanks anyway.

Advertisements

Maxel

Maxel

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Same problem here.

Tohiba m45-s331

I reinstalled my laptop last week, and a week later (today) it was very very slow, everything wasn't responding so I rebooted.

bam: Load error!

as i had no important data (because i vurned all my important data on dvd before reinstalling, thank god)
I used the recovery disk from Toshiba, it put the ghost file back on the HD and it rebooted but sadly again the laod error message.

I think the harddrive failed, but I'm not sure.

Greetings,

Marcel

Maxel

Maxel

• Pip
  • 3 posts
just got off the phone with toshiba

insert recover dvd
go inside tge recovery menu
press cancel

bow you're in dos

type the folowing

fdisk /mbr

restart computer (get dvd out of you're laptop)

and it worked for me again.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Hey Maxwell please make a new thread, so that we can help you. every computer has different files and so it is unlikely the same fixes will work.

mike

Maxel

Maxel

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Maxel is the name :tazz:

I already solved my problem and since pont had the same problem i gave him my solution.

Greetz

Brindie

Brindie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Did anyone figure this one out without sending the pc back? I'm currently going through the same issue after a system restore and I am able to press F12 after I use control+alt+delete to get into the safe mode but it doesn't help me with anything because I've yet to figure out what to do..From what I've been reading it may have been Norton using a ghost or something because the GoBack was still showing when I reformatted and the pc was running super slow. I have a Toshiba Satellite R15. I also had extra memory added a couple of months ago and it never did speed me up so I tried the reformat and with in two days this is the same thing that happened to me. :whistling:

EDIT-Now I am unalbe to get into safe mode so I'm unsure where to go and any help would be seriously and greatly appreciated so that I don't have to send it to the repair.

Edited by Brindie, 14 July 2006 - 11:13 PM.

Brindie

Brindie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Just wanted to say that Maxel's suggestion did end up fixing this I had skipped over the part to press cancel and did it on my own and got the A:/ and typed in what he had said and it completely worked!! I'm thankful because I didn't want to send my pc out for 5-7 days. Thank you Maxel you saved my computer!

asilentwound

asilentwound

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I seem to be having the same problem, and it happened as Brindie said with Norton Goback, after installing it seemed to completely screw me up. i've done everything I know how to do and tried everything said on here, the only thing period that will come up on my screen is the Load Error, unless I toggle F2 which brings up the BIOS, and setting it to boot from CD/DVD has done me no good and hasn't worked. This is really important and I really don't want to send it off, because I need it for school in a few days! Can anyone help me? I'm desperate.

asilentwound

asilentwound

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok so finally after pressing F12 to get to choose where to boot from i chose to boot from LAN, and then it didnt work and i tried the cd once more, and it worked, and when I cancelled out and restarted the computer magically it booted up comp[letely normal to my desktop. No Goback screen comes up on startup now, but I am still suspicious of whether or not it's there since I am pretty sure Nort. Goback was the cause of this particular dilemma. It is not in my programs list, but is there any other way of checking since it doesnt come up on startup like it regularly would? Also, should I be worried about this happening again, because I am rather afraid to turn my computer off now.... Thanks.

Ryan

TheEYE

TheEYE

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry to resurface an obviously old thread, but Im having the same difficulties as has been discussed here so far.
However, none of the suggested resolutions have worked. :whistling:

Yesterday I shut the lid on my my Toshiba laptop, the same way I have for years.
When I went to open it, it immediately displayed the "Load error! Press a key to reboot..." prompt. Of course, pressing any key doesnt work.
I got frustrated and decided to reformat. So I put in my Win xp installation disk, and it tells me:
"Error #98
Windows 2000 was last shut down in hibernation mode.
Resart Windows 2000 and do a normal shutdown before continuing."

And then it reboots me to the error screen.

Now, at that screen, if I press F12, and then a key it tells me this:
"Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (Build 082)
For Realtek RTL8139 (A/B/C)/RTL8130 PCI Fast Ethernet Controller V2.12 (010425)
PXE-E61: Media Test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM"

As I said, all the resolutions I have tried have not worked. Ctrl-Alt-G, Esc, F8, nothing!!!!

Anyone have any ideas?

Shayne Henkelman
EYEeffex Media

Advertisements

TheEYE

TheEYE

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Anyone have any ideas at all????
Theres like cobwebs and tumbleweeds in here..... :whistling:

deelishn07

deelishn07

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Toshiba Satellite A35 laptop and I am getting the "load error! Press a key to reboot" message. I did the Toshiba recovery disk before getting this message and everything went fine until I was doing the Windows updates and having to restart the system. Once I restarted the system I got the message. Does anyone know how to fix this? I did reinstall Norton SystemWorks on the system after I did the restore. Thanks in advance for your help!

ibssguy

ibssguy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

just got off the phone with toshiba

insert recover dvd
go inside tge recovery menu
press cancel

bow you're in dos

type the folowing

fdisk /mbr

restart computer (get dvd out of you're laptop)

and it worked for me again.

I found this forum because I too got the nasty "Load Error! Press any key to reboot". Also on a Toshiba Laptop (Qosmio E15), and ALSO had done an OS reinstall, and ALSO had the GOBACK weirdness (opening screen even w/o it being installed). I tried everything from restoring a system backup to the Toshiba System Restore DVD. All to no avail, until I read this post. Worked like a charm! Took all of 15 seconds. Thank-you!