Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Buildin a new pc PLEASE HELP! IMPORTANT!

• Please log in to reply

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
What I was saying, I would just get the 3200+ Venice and 2gb of ram. You dont need a faster cpu really. It would be nice to get the faster cpu and 2gb of ram both lol.

Edited by jrm20, 11 January 2006 - 03:29 PM.

Advertisements

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
ive been going with 2 gigs of ram from the beginning :tazz: lol.

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
and btw whats the san diego and stuff like that mean?

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
its the processors different cores.

I made a mistake by accident. There isnt a venice 3700+

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
is that bad or sumthing? should i just stay with the same one u told me???

Edited by Stelth2k1, 11 January 2006 - 03:34 PM.

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
should i upgrade the card you gave me instead? because i got a little extra money to spend

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
no, its not nothing bad. The venice 3200+ has an operating frequency of 2.0ghz and the San diego 3700+ has 2.2 ghz. Thats just the way amd does their cpu's. The san diego is suppost to be alittle better and with more cache on the cpu but, its alittle more than the venice. Not too much though.

I was just saying its not going to be a dramatic difference because the operating frequency is very close to each other, even though different cores.

If you do have the money a faster cpu is going to be better of course. Its always good to get the fastest cpu you can buy at the time. To me I like alot of memory. 2gb of ram will be nice also. Everyone is different on what they want in a system. If you dont have enough for a faster cpu and 2gb of memory both then I leave the choice up to you. People are different like I said.

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
yea thats what ima do ima buy 2 gb of ram that you told me to buy and the 3700 amd proccesor, i want a lot of memory to thats y im getting 2 gb of ram its makes a big difference i know :tazz:

Thanks
~Pete

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Cool that sound good man. I just didnt know exactly how much more you could go on your new budget. I would do that what you said. You dont need a faster video card right now.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
So you want this cpu.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819103539

What kind of corsair memory did you finally decide on??

the valueselect or xms series?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The san diego is actually a fair bit better, its got double the cache of the venice and a couple of over little features that are improved on or he venices simply dont have, its also at the bottom of its speed range so its go alot of overclocking potential all of the FX series for example are san diego core so its possible for the san diego to overclock to 3ghz+ with good cooling, if of course you are lucky and get it from a good batch of processors, but i think if AMD have taught us anything its that clock speed isnt all that important, the 3700+s are a good investment fast chips that have excellent game performance.

Wish i had one but they were just a littole to much money when i put my system together.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Yeah, I remember when they first came out.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
cya I should rest up abit. Lmao tired..

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
its 10 o clock and ive still got homework to do so i should be off as well, but im enjoying being a skiver.

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
yea thats the proccessor im getting, im also get the value select you told me, ima get 2 sticks, is that good? or should i go with the xms? how much more is it?

Thanks
~Peter