Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can I?

• Please log in to reply

confused234

confused234

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I apologize if I am in the wrong area.

I just purchased a new computer and it has a TV Tuner. It also says I can hook my vcr to it.
I would like to record three different programs (record from 1pm to 4pm) Is it possible to record directly to the vcr? Could I record these programs directly to my dvd drive? Or do I have to record them to my hard drive? How much space on my hard drive would be used to record 3 hours of programs?

I got so excited when I read in my book that I could hook up my vcr and cable tv that I thought I didn't need to go out and buy a new tv. Am I getting ahead of the new technology? :tazz:

Thanks for any/all help

Advertisements

bdodd

bdodd

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I don't know about the VCR but u can record to your hard drive. Ya need a BIG hard drive! I think you'll need some software if there none came with ur PC.

There's a great web site you may want to check out: htpcnews.com. There are others also, I think htpcnews has links to some of them.

Good luck!