Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Supposed NVIDIA program

• Please log in to reply

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hi guyz i recentley installed drivers for my nvidia carrd 64mb, cause my other card stuffed up, i hav bought a new card and have unitalled all the programs that i had installed with the card, but there is one left and i know its got something to do with nvidia, an icon pops at startup and then just dissapears, i cant managae to find what the program is. i managed to attach a sreen shot, i have circled the program maybe you guyz know what it is.

Attached Files

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What do you get if you right click the icon

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
it goes away to quick, i have no time to right click

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go To Nvdia to download the drivers for your card, save the file to a folder you create in my documents if you do not already have a folder for downloads

Download tune Up and go to add / remove to uninstall the Nvidia drivers you have

Then:

Get the trial of Tune Up 2006 here

Tune Up 2006 Trial

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete.

Run Tune Up disc clean up then registry clean up then click optimize to run reg defrag, which needs a reboot

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection (without an internet connection if applicable) from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

(Skip this if you do not connect to the internet with this PC) After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Install the Nvidia file from the folder in my documents