Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Losing the connection while playing BHD

• Please log in to reply

dad1919

dad1919

• Pip
  • 5 posts
While playing BHD multiplayer about every 20 to 30 min. my screen will fill with tiny dots and I lose the connection. Re enter the game and every thing is fine again. I have a Geforce 6800 with a gig of ram and the video card driver version is latest out. I have high speed cable. My question is can anyone tell me with the limited information if its my video card or my cable company (Insight) :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
whats BHD?

dad1919

dad1919

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Cant tell if you are being sarcastic or not but......"BHD" is Delta Force Black Hawk Down

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
thank you. I didn't know what it stood for.

what are your system specs?

it almost sounds like either your system is overheating, your have a hw issue, or you may not have enough free disk space

dad1919

dad1919

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Lots of free space on the hard drive. I have a gig of ram and a 3.0 processor. I run a GeForce 6800 video card and the temp is 66 degrees when i check it after the crash. I have the latest driver for the video card. I will try to send a picture of what the screen looks like when this happens. Its really unique.000_0001.JPG

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
bad news for you. its your video card. its something to do with the video ram. It results in corrupted textures (the screenshot for example). Hopefully its under warranty and you can exchange it.

dad1919

dad1919

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz: I was afraid of that. You are not the first one to tell me but I guess I thought it could be something else. Thanks so much for your time. You guys do a great service for a small pay. :)