Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which Asus Motherboard is better?

• Please log in to reply

Pentium D

Pentium D

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello Everyone!

I'm Confused Which Motherboard to Choose!

1) Asus P5LD2 Deluxe - Intel Chipset (Intel 945P Express, ICH7R)
2) Asus P5ND2 SLi Deluxe - nVidia Chipset (nVidia nForce4 SLi Intel Edition)

I need Someone to light up my way and tell me which one he recommend, why it is better than the other.

Another question, Which CPU to Buy ? AMD or Intel
I heard that AMD has a better Performance that Intel. so i'm confused in which processor to choose too.

Thanks

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I prefer AMD, they are the same board apart from one has SLI(an dual gfx card system for nvidia cards) its not essential its not even needed for most folks so i would get the normal one although if you get AMD you cant use an intel chispet board.

Pentium D

Pentium D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Yeah i know this SLi Story.. but what i mean is the difference between the chipsets vendors. you know intel holds a large name in this subject. and i'm confused because they are different type of technologies but they're on the same prices. got me?

Edited by Pentium D, 29 December 2005 - 12:20 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ah right you want to know the difference between an intel chipset and an nforce, well intel is designed by intel and nforce is designed by nvidia, they both have similar features and usually similar performance, its really that simple, feature differences you just compare spec sheets it depends on which variation of that chipset you have they all are based on the same thing but cheaper ones have fewer features etc.

Really if you want a comparitive review of which is better you should go read some review sites i cant tell you accurately because i dont have both to compare or benchmark whereas someone does on one of the review sites.

Pentium D

Pentium D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
well you are really helpful man, thanks :tazz:
but i have only one more little question. i wanna buy a Hard Disk which is SATA. on my motherboard technical information i found 4 SATAII connectors.. is that means that i can't plug my HD on this MoBo ?

--> I think that it's a dumb question but i only wanna be sure :)

thanks

afg34

afg34

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
I would suggest you get a ASUS A8N-E With an Athlon 64 CPU.