Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 doesn't support alpha blending (but)

• Please log in to reply

friedslugs

friedslugs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there, I have read through the many pages of previous posts releated to this topic and have follwed all the suggestions. My video card driver (Matrox Millenium P650 PCIe 128) and my Direct X are up to date. I have even tried lowering my screen res to 800x600 32 bit and didi the thing with the sound. Someone posted an activision link somewhere and I went to that page that ran a test of my system and said it was more than adequate, bordering on recommended even, but I am still getting the error about it not supporting alpha blending.

Any help wpuld be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Lawrence,
Vancouver BC Canada

Advertisements

timbo00

timbo00

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
dont think ur card is supported buddy

SUPPORTED CHIPSETS:
- ATI® Radeon® 8500
- ATI® Radeon® 9000
- ATI® Radeon® 9200
- ATI® Radeon® 9500
- ATI® Radeon® 9600
- ATI® Radeon® 9700
- ATI® Radeon® 9800
- ATI® Radeon® X300
- ATI® Radeon® X550
- ATI® Radeon® X600
- ATI® Radeon® X700
- ATI® Radeon® X800
- ATI® Radeon® X850
- nVidia® GeForce™2 Ultra
- All nVidia® GeForce™ 3/Ti Series
- All nVidia® GeForce™ 4/Ti Series
- All nVidia® GeForce™ FX Series
- All nVidia® GeForce™ 6 Series
- Recommended nVidia® GeForce™ 7 Series or higher

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
The problem is (Matrox Millenium P650 PCIe 128) I dont think matrox millenium cards are compatable at all. I helped someone before with a matrox and same problem.

Get a new video card with any of those listed chipsets or above. Get either a nvidia or ati card not matrox....

The best bang for your buck performance card that can do high settings on any game is the 6800gs from nvidia. $199 on www.newegg.com Dont do it wrong again and get a crappy card. Its best to go ahead and get the best you can as long as your system can handle it and the powersupply.

If your on a tighter budget get atleast a x700 pro pci express. I wouldnt go any slower.

Edited by jrm20, 29 December 2005 - 03:04 PM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Before buying, try to download the latest video card drivers from your manufacturer. Also check to make shure you have the latest direct x 9.0c

Granno

Granno

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey what can i do when i run call of duty modern warfare 2 so it say my video driver dosent support alpha blend what can i do :)