Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

call of duty 2 help with PC requirements!

• Please log in to reply

blairorules

blairorules

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi guys i am blair. I am 13 years old and i seriously need help. im good wooth computers so dont be afraid to type in anything which sounds complacated and confusing i will know them.
anyway.... i curently just bought call of duty 2 for my pc and when i play it, a box comes up with a problem saying :-

my pc doesnt support alpha blending or something like that

i have tried downloading drivers for my graphics card but it doesnt work still anyway my pc stats are:-

operating system = windows xp professional service 1

direct x = 9.0

ram = 503 mb

min. graphics memory = 8mb

max. graphix memory = 96mb

processor = x86

processor = 2992 mhz

intel pentium 4 processor , 3 ghz

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
You need a new video card that is supported by the game.

What available expansion slot do you have for a new video card. Agp 8X, or pci express.

Regular pci is the last resort if you dont have agp or pci express.

blairorules

blairorules

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
where can i find out how many slots iv got have checked but it doesnt say

btw my graphics driver is a intel one so i think i definetly need a new one
its something like 64mb

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
in my signature download and install pcwizard2006.

Then click on the mainboard tab and it will tell you what available bus slots you have. Look for agp or pci express regular pci is last resort.

emodough

emodough

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ha, hello. I've been watching this conversation because I have the same problem. I just got a new computer that I don't really know much about yet; however, I know I don't have a good enough graphics card. I don't really know much about which to get... I don't have a ton of money to spend, but I know that I did the PC doctor thing and I have a PCI-Express slot. Any ideas... if you need to know what my computer has it's a 3.0ghz processor, and a bunch of everything else. It can handle whatever I just wanna know what's the best bet... any help would be great.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
check the begining of this forum for the pinned topic regarding cod2 system specs. it has a link for you to see if you meet the game requirements.