Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Writer Install Issues

• Please log in to reply

Chris P

Chris P

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm having issues trying to install an Hp external DVD writer (DVD630e). This device was installed on my computer about 6 months back and I didn't have any problems installing it at that time, since than I’ve uninstalled the device and drivers.

For some reason the device works properly when installed in my computer's original USB1 ports. However, when it is plugged into my aftermarket USB2 ports the computer does not recognize the device and reads off Unknown Device. Back 6 months ago when I had this thing installed it was plugged into the same USB2 port that I’m trying to use now.

I have plugged other devices into the same USB2 port (web cam, USB key, digi cam) and the system identifies them without issue.

Question: Why is the writer recognized through the USB1 ports and not the USB2 ports?? Why does my computer hate this device?

Posted Image Posted Image

:tazz:

Advertisements

Chris P

Chris P

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
bump

Chris P

Chris P

• Topic Starter