Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
I have an ASUS WL-330, which can be used as either an access point or a wireless adaptor (it worked quite well for my Xbox), but I'm not quite sure how to set it up. It connects to my integrated ethernet card. The network I'm trying to connect to (I'm connected to it right now through a different wireless card) isn't detected at all. There are three lights, Power/Wireless/Ethernet, and only the Power/Ethernet are lit up. How do I set my ASUS WL-330 up to recognize the wireless networks around me? (I use 128bit WEP encryption, if it matters).

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Hello Seven! and welcome to G2G,

I need a little additional information to ascertain whether or not I will be able to assist you, in correcting your problem.

Please Answer the following questions:

1) I am a little lost on what you are trying to do. The manufacturer for this device says that it can act as a Wireless access Point as long as it is connected to a Wired network (meaning Ethernet cord from external modem to the RJ45 input on the device) and also as an ethernet receiver (meaning your modem is connected to another wireless access point or router and this device (WL-330) is used as the receiver antenna on another PC). Are you trying to accomplish one of these two? If not then please explain further, If so then please read on.

2) What operating System's do you have on the PC's in question, Please include any Windows Updates or Patches (Example... XP SP1 or 2)?

2) What is the Model and Manufacturer of the Wireless Router you are using?

3) Are you using any software that came with your adapter to manage your connectivity to the router, or if using XP are you using the Wireless Zero Configuration (referred to as WZC)?

4) What IP Configuration are you using (Example.. DHCP, PPoE / Static, Automatic)

5) What troubleshooting steps have you taken already?