Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

connection refused for certain pages on websites

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I use Windows XP. I have the following security programs installed: Norton & Spyware Sweeper.

When I go to certain websites such as ebay, I cannot access parts of the site. For example, I can get to ebay, but not the my ebay page. I can get to my bank page, but it will not allow me to view my account.

The error message says that the connection was refused for that site. It does this in AOL's browser, Mozilla and Explorer.

Is there any way to fix this? Thank you in advance for any help!

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go!

check the settings in Spysweeper to make sure it is not refusing connections to secure site. also try adding ebay or the ip: to your trused sites in spysweeper. if this dosent work try adding it to nortons trused sites. if none of this works post back so that i can try some more things.