Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sound slowing games?

• Please log in to reply

Querra

Querra

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello, i'm new around here and i've got a question to make...about 1 month ago i had a problem with battlefield 1942 (slow motion problem) and i solved it turning down the sound quality, my question is: can a bad sound card slow down games?, how can i solve it, besides buying a new sound card or turning down sound quality?

Oh, btw i've got an on-board sound card and my motherboard is an asus P4S800D-X

Thank you :tazz:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah the sound requires processing if you have an onboard by getting a sound card you free up resources if its affecting your games a sound card is cheap but if your PC is slow enough to slow down with BF1942 then i wouldnt bother spending money on it.

Querra

Querra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks for the answer

No, my pc isn't slow it's a pentium 4 2,4ghz, 512mb ddr400 ram, 128mb gforce fx5200 so i think it has to run bf1942 fine...i really didn't know that an onboard sound card could slow down so much a game :tazz:

Thanks again