Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless router destroyed my bittorrent speeds

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ifyouseekay

ifyouseekay

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Ok, so recently I bought a new computer, and to connect it with the internet, we got a wireless router (DI-524) to connect to the old one, and a wireless network card to connect to this one.

Now, prior to getting this new computer, my Azureus download speeds were fine. I could have multiple torrents going at 10-200 kbps no problem. Now, I have virtually no download speeds at all, although i still upload just fine.when i see a torrent going above 3 kbps I start to consider myself lucky. Here's a sample of what it typically looks like:

Posted Image

As you can see, these torrents have thousands of people for me to connect to, and yet I still can't even get a decent download speed.

I do not have a NAT problem, as I pass the Azureus NAT test, and my torrents are usually in green health.

I've forwarded all neccesary ports, and tried many different ones at that.

I've disabled the Windows Firewall

I've tried limiting my upload speeds and max connections in Azureus.

The service technician for D-Link told me to try blocking my WAN ping, which I tried, and it had no effect.

I guess I've tried virtually everything anyone can recommend, and nothing has helped even one bit.

So, does anyone have any more ideas or am I just doomed to not be able to download anymore?

If this is posted in the wrong forum, please tell me which one it would go under better.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Sorry dude but G2G does not help out or support anything to do with any P2P networking programs..

As it stands, this thread and your other concerning bittorrent have been closed!!

Murray